Wednesday 16 January 2013

Over viewing the group - Fonts for crew and cast

Recently Thomas has carefully picked out some fonts to display our opening titles in, below are the following choices. These first four are choices for the cast and crew members names to appear in.

Chosen font: Simplicity 
Simplicity: Out of all the fonts this is probably my preferred one as I like the spacing between the letters as it is easy to read for a young audience. I also like how straight and defined the letters are and I think it signifies the stability of a spy which although isn't accurate when it comes to our protagonist, as he is idiotic, but by the end of the film he is suppose to be a stable spy thus I think this works well to foreshadow the later narrative. I like the childish look of the font yet I still like how it mature to an extent as this conveys to the audience that it is the handwriting of an adult. However although I can praise this font a lot I am rather concerned with the letter 'd' as it is really rounded and looks rather feminine. 

Throw my hands up in the air: This font looks very masculine and reminds me of an autograph which ties into the narrative of our film very well due to Teddy becoming a hero by the end of the film. The lettering is very rushed and has a scruffy finish which I think conveys the theme of secrecy as Teddy is trying to keep his identity unknown to his wife thus all spy related paper work must be completed quickly to ensure it wont be seen. The markings look like they have been done with a fountain pen which works in sync with our theme of business due to it connoting office workers. What I don't like about this font is the fact it looks slightly like graffiti which could give the wrong impression of our film and also I fear it would be rather difficult for a young child to read.

Mossy: This font I feel was to basic and spacious due to the simplicity of the stick-like lines. I'm not fond of this font as it looks like it has been produced by a child learning to write which although could relate to our theme of education, as Teddy must learn to be a spy, it still looks to unprofessional. On the plus side it is very spacious and would make our title stand out as it is rather thin.  

 Little miss priss: Out of all the fonts this was my least favorite, therefore I can only flood it with negatives. Firstly, the font is curly and modern which immediately  looks feminine meaning it wouldn't attract our target audience of males. As it looks modern it replicates the font which would be found on a chick flick film which consisted of girls with expensive and modern houses, which is the complete opposite of our genre. This also doesn't look like handwriting which would be produced by a male character which completely destroys our whole idea for the titles.





No comments:

Post a Comment