Tuesday 23 October 2012

Media coursework video - continuity sequence

This is a video created in groups for my media course work, The 180 degree rule had to be obeyed, a match on action had to be included and an exchange of a few lines of dialogue.

I found this extremely entertaining, thus I found making it and staring in it an enjoyment. My favorite part of creating the video was the filming, as I enjoyed getting into the character of an anxious adult going in for a job interview. The outline for our video was a job interview gone wrong, due to the strange interviewer asking awkward and personal questions. To create the concept of the video it was first story boarded to give the group an outline of what was going to be filmed. The overall outcome differed from the original storyboard slightly as we added more sophistication to the clip to create more realism to the situation, so instead of the interviewee being called in we had them check their watch.
Our video also consisted of a number of different shots, this includes close ups to show reactions through facial expressions. Over the shoulder shots to show conversation and long shots to give more information on the setting.

I found editing the clip the most difficult part, although there wasn't to much editing to be done, as I found final cut pro a challenge to work with as this was my first attempt at using it. However this flaw was quickly overcome as I got to grips with it rather quickly.

I found filming and storyboarding to be the simplest part of creating the video as I communicated well with my group and we took everyones ideas to create one final idea, which was a positive as it allowed everyone to be satisfied with what we were doing. The filming became easier as a sense of enjoyment came out of it, therefore it made getting into character more simple due to the comfortable environment created from the groups enthusiasm to the task.

I think this sequence is successful due to the group following all the rules and creating a humorous element to the video which can be felt by the viewer. The editing also added to the effect as it allowed the clip to run very smoothly and all mistakes to be removed, which make the sequence look clearer and professional due to the impact of the editing s corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment